While home design and decor trends are ever-evolving, one trend has been— and remains!— strong for several years. Think natural, organic, and simple.
Studies show that being close to nature reduces stress. By incorporating use of nature, from natural materials and colors, to plant-themed decor and live plants, outdoor living areas can become personal oases for relaxation and retreat, and expanded space for entertaining:
- Landscape designs may feature more garden spaces and hardscape areas such as patios and decks.
- Amenities can include custom-designed walls and trellises, outdoor kitchens, and specialty lighting.
- Outdoor audio systems can add a soothing layer of sound to a peaceful retreat, or be a lively addition to gatherings of family and friends.
An interior garden provides daily contact with nature, promoting tranquility and relaxation in the midst of the busyness and stress of contemporary life:
- Use of natural materials continues to be relevant in home design: wood, glass, stone and metal continue to have prominence; meanwhile, not surprisingly, plastics and other synthetic materials continue to be out of favor in design and decor.
- Natural, even unfinished, surfaces have increased in popularity too, with unpainted wood, stone texture, living plants, ceramic articles and even wicker are making a strong showing in luxury decor.
- Additionally, luxury homeowners are improving the health qualities of their indoor environment as they modify their homes to have a more natural feel. Among the strategies, they are adding air-purifying houseplants, changing air filters frequently, using eco-friendly paints, adding air purifiers, and eliminating their use of household products containing harmful chemicals. In addition to attention paid to air quality, “green”, energy efficient technology continues to be incorporated into homes in order for them to not only feel more natural, but also to have a smaller impact on the natural environment surrounding them.
How do we get started?
You’re already off to a great start by doing the homework that landed you here. The easiest and most convenient next step is to contact us, via phone, email, or our “schedule your Idea Session today” button at the bottom of this page. We are looking forward to talking with you about your hopes and plans for your custom home build. Once you’ve made contact, we will suggest scheduling your complimentary “Let’s Talk” session so we can learn more about you and your priorities and vision for your home.
For more of this year's leading luxury home interior design and lifestyle trends, download the ebook linked below.
TIPS & TRENDS
TOP 5 EMERGING LUXURY HOME DESIGN TRENDS IN KINGSLAND
Download our free guide for a sneak peek into the interior design trends for 2022! We cover everything from decorating trends and colors to how the home office and outdoor living trends are here to stay!